OK, OK, I know, I've been pretty scarce lately. Well, the thing is I've got this trip coming up (to France, no less!) and it's taking up major space in my brain:
- What to pack?/what to wear?/what shoe selections make the most sense?
- To carry-on? Or not to carry-on?
- [That is the million dollar, too close to Heathrow for my comfort, question]
- Trying not to forget the passport,
- What kind of itinerary do I leave for my mom (AKA: the big dame to be in charge of kiddos and poochie),
- How do I write down all the inane things I do/handle/bombard me/manage to accomplish in a week?
- Morning routine: how is my mom going get my brood, out the door, on time, for an entire week?!
- Kids' schedules: drop-offs/pick-ups - never the same; after school sports - never the same; various social agendas - ditto; etc.
- Making piles/making lists: friends' and family phone numbers, school phone numbers - two sets, doctor's number, dentist number, orthodontist number, health insurance cards, car insurance cards, will information, important papers, etc.
- Talk to the neighbors - explain the presence of a solitary, strange lady while the couple is away
- The dog? How do I begin to address the issue of my co-dependent dog?
- Try not to forget the passport.
- Clean my house (one more good time) - my mother can not know the reality of my housekeeping skills; it would be embarrassing.
- Have I mentioned the just-barely-house-trained dog?
- Have I also mentioned that my mom and stairs don't really mix?
- Did I also mention that the only way to reach a grassy surface, you have to tread some stairs?
- A dog run - we have to install a dog run before we leave.
Ummm, I know I'm missing something ... But I'm confident that it'll come to me just as I'm drifting off to sleep.