I don't care if it dropped $12 from an all-time high of $135 a barrel ...
I still had to pay $69 to fill up my van.
And to further rant ...
Instead of a quickly-consumed petroleum product, $69 bucks could have gotten me:
1) 12 pairs of nice and comfy faux suede flip flops from Target
2) a swanky pair of very nice summer sandals from DSW
3) a savory lunch out with hubby
4) 17 gelatis from Rita's
5) a knit skirt, a cute casual dress and a nicer ensemble from Old Navy
6) much needed underwear, socks and bras
7) 2 cases of constantly consumed doggie treats
8) bed linens, my bed desperately needs new king-sized bed linens
9) snacks, my children thrive on a constant supply of ever-depleting snacks
10) white porch paint and supplies for my dilapidated and paint-peeling front porch
Well, that's all I can think of for now.
But I'm sure I could come up with a tank full more!!