Saturday, February 16, 2008

slow

yes -- on the uptake. That's me.

I'm often slow in recognizing an opportunity (social, professional or otherwise).

I'm generally slow in making well-thought-out plans -- I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants kind of gal.

And most importantly, I'm terribly slow at properly accepting awards and accolades and acknowledgments. I don't normally receive them, so I'm a bit dense when it comes to doing something about them.

I was ecstatic to receive the oh-so-sexy "Mwah!" award from Omega Mum! She's this incredibly pithy, bright and witty babe from across the Pond whose currently contemplating the downside to owning car insurance, the (de)merits of recorder instruction, and has to have been coming to grips with her numerous virtual "cocktail parties" as of late. I'm a big fan and it was a huge honor to be awarded by her.

I was doubly thrilled to receive the yowza! swankified "E is for Excellence" award from my groovy, living-in-the-wilds-of-France pal Mya! She's currently enjoying a post-Valentine's, pre-Spring body polish high and is due to rejoin us after her martial moment of obvious back-rendering bliss has run its course. Some of us are more than a tad bit jealous!

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, I was quoted, linked and overall given a virtual pat on the back by my Chicago-living blog buddy Hedy. She--to misquote myself--"rocks balls!" This chick should be doing (what she manages to do during a coffee break) for a living -- her running dialogue of living life in the working hell trenches is really incredible stuff. I feel humbled that she even bothers to read my rambling dribble.

So, I may be slow to cognate/type out/produce this running stream of gratitude, but my best intentions--thank goodness--have finally overcome my mental inertia to help prod me along.

Thank you ladies -- and thanks to all my blog-reading pals.

Cheers :)

No comments: